Friday, October 09, 2015

my inherited friend

before my friend passed away i was at her house
when she got a call from annie may. annie needed
someone to take her to the airport so she could
fly to baton rouge and visit her boyfriend. since
my friend was bedridden she aked me
help out.  which is how i found myself on the east
side loading an eighty seven year old
five foot nine black woman and her wheelchair
into my mini van. since my friend's death,
annie mae turns to me for help.
i don't mind. she's old, she needs the help.
tonight, annie mae calls me with news she says
well i was walkin home from church
an i stopped by the mailbox an while i was there
checkin my mail and lookin at the coupons
this woman i ain't ever seen before starts
askin questions bout my life so i tell her back off
woman don't be gettin in  my bidness! she give me
the eye, i seen where she went, she on my left
when i walkin out the breezeway but when i come
in she's on the right. so i get to my place,put
down the mail and i'm just makin some sweet tea
when i look down and lynze, there
was a snake in my house. it was the size of hot dog
down there on the floor it
crawled in
under that hole i been on the super about so i
looked around for something to shoo it away or
to be honest kill it with you know
sometimes a snake'll get into
your house once , then it thinks it's got a home
no sir! not in my house so i called  the super
an said you know i been tellin you bout that hole
nigh on two months an now there's a SNAKE
in my house so you know i
was gettin mighty upset with that snake so
i hollared just tell me what you want me to do lord!
an that snake just turned around an crawled
out the way the way it come it but
the super was on his way, with a boy an they
moved the furniture around lookin for it
though i done tole them that snake
went out the same way it came in, pointin
at the hole. that boy hung his head
and left but he came back
with a new door an they fixed
the patio so's that snake got no way to crawl
back in. now jenni, i tell you the
 lord showed me my enemy that day she lives
on the same floor as me, i walk out past her
on the left when i'm goin out but when i come in
she's on the right. she got no reason
to talk to me but she say she gonna call the cops
on me, i'm crazy there weren't no snake
an i say mebbe not, but i got me a new door anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home