Sunday, August 23, 2015

sting

i was gonna send it to your email but i
don't even know which one to use
that's how fucked up my head is

i waited a day to say anything about
the bikes because the beach is about fun
so we enjoyed ourselves but look
at how i knew
what this would turn into and no
i don't think about self
fulfilling prophecies they just seem
to come in clutches. so was it the
approach or the time of day or
some other proper thing i should
 have donesaidbeen for us to be able
to discuss just when the damn things
will cease to be a poster child
for abandoned farms because i can't see
the park letting us get away with
them for too much longer the weedelia
make it obvious they're not repurposed
landscapers though maybe if we
dug them into the ground over by the patio
and made a semi-boundary we could
point down the street to the collection of
yardtrash posing as decor
for example but the point is
the point my dear my love my honey do
is that i should be able to mention them
without a full blown war erutping
like boilsacs on my skin.
by all accounts we're three years in.
a more enlightened response
like oh honey i didn't know they bothered
you so much give me x days to get rid
of them, ok?
would not have had me raging
nor you in my face but i   at least
they were right, you're a crazy bitch
which i must admit i
was at the moment
no more than you
is the worst you said.
it fills my head, the scenes with him
become these scenes with you
and i guess it's just a thing i do like firing
a gun at the man who threatened
me in my own house so i get twenty five years
for not running in a stand your ground state for
not killing the sonofabitch when i
had the chance like i did
with that motherfucker i married
who beat me in front of my kids
for the last time right before
his brakes went out on the bridge
i hope hell was his last sight
all that water just below him as flames
rushed to his crushed arms i don't
want you to think i would
do that to you because we
stick with verbal stones no i can
  push the button words
from my mouth wouldn't need to aim
at such a big target
red raw from self destruction, sabotage
i know this arachnid and its laws
and though i must confess, above
i wore another's dress, it's a question
of intensity, the ways and means of dignity
how we scrape to wear that shield
how pride falsely refused to yield
to common sense, the art of deal
with it. the time has come
to rise above our crazy.
let's respond in kind, ok?
and if i come across that way
then maybe you should go
i don't feel like i'm a complaining bitch
but how am i to know?






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home