Sunday, July 26, 2015

the witches in my head won't go away

i quell them using drudgery as narcotic
 at night they break out  broomsticks
ride a full moon across sleep, wake
 me to cackle and pop.and the need to pee.

the sky's  booming curses from niarobi
 dressed in gangsta goth from tampa,
chained to pink purse in black fish net
gonna catch something, jolly boy.

three witches ride  home, conspirators
to a hole in my head they own.










***((()))__=




what i learned at my cousin's bar mitzvah

i didn't have a cousin who was a jew
my converted aunt seldom attended family functions
always a sollitary sojourn. i didn't even wonder
who she was in a child's scheme of things
the childless are alien. there was one jewish
kid on our block, his name was david. we rode
the same bus to middle school every day. i read
chiam potok, holding the book title side out
but he never looked at me, didn't invite me to the big
event.i heard he messed up the recital but no one
admitted to going. i would have gone, just to hear
hebrew spoken out loud in the south without
someone burning a star of david on the roof.





it was different times.
it was the same times












*((((

so these bitches come up on me and my
man, you know?all hey hon eeeee they
voices like butter an only i hear
 the hiss of a too hot pan, my man's
 been talking bout ownership
 bout broken relationship,
 how the nation slips into infidelity,
 well captained, progress as the hand. no
 i'm not down on gay marriage, i'm
 down on all marriage. but whatever,
  you wanna get married , get married.
 wanna open the vows to whatever
you feel comfy with? have at it, with copies
triple signed on the dotted line.
 i think i rote all this before. wha a bore.
if opening relations means
 communication is better than betrayal, i'm
saying what's the issue,
a bit of ethic tissue grafted on to maybe?
anee way. some like it cho co choklate,
some vanilla,these bitches in my hood
 betta watch they fella



















((

at dinner you excuse yourself
ill from the task of eating the meal
you made. the pill kicked in , suddenly
the idea of being upright is ludicrous
but you'd like to take  your maggie down with ya.
please bring it my love my hot rod trophy, wife.


the  day ends in flits and chitters. half moon above
the transient. to the west clouds
 gang up,streets seem unsafe.
gather the brazillian pepper branches
you artfully cut  from your natural trellis.
so proiud of this piece of eden
sliced from the shoals of commerce
 dream on my sweet
while the drowse of summer kicks in,\
 lulls the cricket harmony
 the approaching lighting
akin to rapture.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home