Monday, March 05, 2012

the beach, in love

waves  come and  go   
deep into the hollow between
my cells i swallow
the quick caress   allowed
and quicker than being in me
you return to the sea
disappear into air
recurl cloud and refill me
with swallows all over  
the  thrust  of  your    body
i  inhale,    dense
 with  your  element   i  believe
 in solidity/ not a  single grain
   b lown  away in hurricane,
 but  a  shore,  an  island  ,a  continent
  sailing  in  chasms  carved
   by  you  filled  with you.



  

natalka helped me fix  it.  


  waves  come and  go   each
 a caress allowed 
 deep into  the hollows  between
my  cells, i  swallow
  you  as  quickly as i can  but you
move  quicker,    back to the sea.
  up into air. recursive  you  refill me. 
 differently  each time
the  thrust  of  your  wet  body
  inhaled  into interstices
  unaware of  being,  i am  dense
 with  your  element
believe in solidity/ am not a  single
   grain blown  away in hurricane,
 but  a  shore,  an  island  ,a  continent  sailing
in  chasms  carved   by  you
 filled  with you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tasha Klein said...

i like the tweaked version, a lot!

9:37 PM  
Blogger hiccup said...

thanks tasha, so do i. wish i could that help on all my poems. lol.
new issue of font3 coming out sunday, do you have a poem i can include?

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home