Friday, May 23, 2008

stars lose their grip

this song by dawn kinnard
clear the way
is exactly how i feel about you.
it's just a slap on the wrist.
her voice has just the right pathos
for the tumbling dark
i go thru after.

so. why keep doing it? drug
addict. keeper of false hopes.
moonfaced rabbit. no, i
guess i just have to do it
over and over until it stops.
i know it can. i got over you
more than once. i'm getting
better at it. it's just this wave
is a a big double roller reiterating
every weekend, i got my skim board but
i feel like the time
we were at cocoa beach and the waves
smacked me down, spanked me and i feel
like the time we were swimming to caladesi
and the riptide carried us out
you yelling me calling
for calm, dolphins on the way to rescue
or the sailboat on the second time down.
my apocalyptic friend. until tomorrow then
and i feel like the dark green
storm surge in englewood
where you didn't go with me,
ever, like a wave aching for the beach
or like dawn says, it's like stars lose their grip
it's a slap
on
the
wrist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home