Saturday, May 13, 2006

the fire runs down one side of the paper

well today i go to my sis's for her bday.
it's not a long trip but i'm spending the nite.
2ybf is sleeping after staying up all nite.
he is invited but he doesn't want to go
he's feeling very low right now.
and i don't help matters with my
don't make me kick you outs

i do love him. i dont want him to leave.
but i won't support him. is that love?


if the situation were reversed
he points out,if i were the elder
and you the younger, still male
and female, i'd have no problem
supporting you. well, then , you'd
cripple me. is that what you want?


i've been a feministfor so long
been trying to create my own equality
within relationships. so equal
i forget how to ask
when i need help
forget how to help
when it's needed.


but honestly, after hearing
the view from inside his deepening
depression, i don't know
how to help him. my daughter
recognised her proclivity to suck me dry.
i don't think he wants to admit to it.


but it's the age ofsearch and embrace
search and destroy.



he says he'll always love me.
i must remember his psyche was shaped
a bit differently than mine
tho there are similarities.
it makes us resonante
but sometimes we clash.
interference on a grand scale.
the stronger signal drowning the weak.

i'mnot sure which is which.
he is a writer. this i know.
he weaves such tales as oscars are made of.
if only he would write them down.


if i don't say it
it won't happen
but it already has.
the community is broken
and splintered. internal riffs
have streesed our marrow
too thin to survive a move
or even a movement toward change.


when all the fibres weave
themselves megellon disease
colors. bugs under my skin.
it doesn't kill you
it makes you
itch

aliens and their civs
in my universe.

somethings you come upon
are just too strange
to comprehend. the wrath
of a brand new god
with you for an acolyte.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home