Saturday, October 12, 2013

open letter to ebay

Dear CEO,

     I am a top seller this month for ebay! Last month as well. While this would normally bestow a sense of accomplishment in meeting ebay's criteria for doing business,  I am instead confused, dismayed, frankly  distraught  because I've been banned from selling on ebay during both these months. In fact, I've been indefinitely banned, with no sensible explanation why given to me. I keep getting top seller notices.   I cannot understand how this state of affairs has come to pass.

     I have tried-to no avail- to get someone in customer service to explain how this has happened  and to try to reverse it. . I know I was on restrictions for being below standards the previous 2 months, but this was due to a false complaint which  has since been rendered invalid by your own customer service department.  Are your human interfaces able to override automaticaly generated algorithms that prove I am a worthy seller? Is, perhaps, someone in your customer  service department  on a vendetta to make ebay look bad and lose money?

   I enjoyed selling on ebay, I was making a comfortable margin, working for myself. Basically, I feel
 like  I've been fired with no warning or cause. But I'm making inroads at Amazon, etsy and dishwish. so thanks, I guess, for pushing me out of the nest.

And I think it's only fair that since you're the ones who jilted me, you stop sending me teasers about how much you love me as a seller. If you want to reconsider...maybe check into  those bipolar tendencies.

Sincerely
an ex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home