Wednesday, December 12, 2012

armarockageddon

we gonna rock this armegeddon
the wheat fields, lost lovers, tracks
disappeared in the walmart parking lot
and you cry woe
oh woe, as the dingie dogs go.

she's got the hat, a skirt over a pair of shorts, and her id.
takes off looking to be where you are not.
you fall apart holding your white tags and your laundry basket


can't stand the tears in your voice
the beaten dog waver to the whine
just like all those times you let me down
but it wasn't your fault, wasn't you watching
bruises fade under deadened eyes that was
 the professor courting
career courting discovery courting dollar
at the dime store while she turned me
despicable, darling. oh daddy


can't you see what's broken
you can't fix? gotta let me fix it
like i been doing, gotta let me
go animal training on my own.
i got times to be in
and i'm tired of taking this whip to you


oh daddy i love you i do
but i don't
love
me



fob was a phone
but it didn't happen and then
what about the insurance or meds
even what about a place to lay my head

you kick me out again
i wasn't ready but you can't fix it
you can't there's nothing between us
to live for. i need to just go
and i go




























maybe you're right
stay there in the walmart parking lot
she'll be back
what do i know

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home