Friday, August 01, 2008

swallowing your cliche

"nothing good comes easy"

take the little white pill
everynite to help you sleep my
beauty, everyday to ease the pain
my dear. i have a bed for you to lie
in, crisply made, cool &soothing
and look how everything is taken care
of for you now, supper on the table
soma in a bottle.

what's that? don't fret about that, my sweet,
my angel, my bff. i can always get more.
i have the keys to the medicine cabinet.

it's a tough world out there, isn't it?
it's so nice to come home to the white
pill, the white pill, forget about
the red one, the blue one the pink one
it's the white, like angelwings
to adore. forget that herb

you're always on about. self medication
really isn't the way to go. there's a pill
in every color of the poppy but the poppy herself
is made from every color. do you see?
i'm white.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home