Wednesday, July 30, 2008

simply

i guess that's my lesson
this life to learn
to live simply. demands
are for royalty or was that
commands? but i don't
want to become the woman
pushing the wire shopping
cart or even carrying
my home on my back, even more
than i do now. i've settled
into this life and it feels like
a yellow glow, the kind on ageing
papers in a pile on the bathroom
floor where the sunlight hits
in the early morning, hot shower
cold dip. also i need my weeds.

last nite there was talk
about budget and 398apr payday
advance loans. the dream played
out in monosylables and unrhymed
couplets. we were in one or two.


reading the buk this morning
i realized that most writers
are slobs. as if i needed another
excuse to not put the sheets
on my bed. they're clean after
all, but it's just too much attention
to small details in the real world
the world where the fire's always
raging . in my book
the bed's always made,unless it's
occupied. simply put, that's where
i'd like to be in the mornings
instead, i open the door
to the blast of heat
and throw the sheets out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home