Sunday, July 06, 2008

are the stars out tonight

i don't know where orion's belt is
i don't really care, old myths don't interest me
since noise pollution blocks the view.

there's a lot of darkness up there
among the blue light from stars
slow motion firewords on the fourth

time thru this maze. first we stand
holding each other, taking turns being taller.
the tallest gets to lean back eyes open

watch the earth spin, sound of waves
breaking on the deserted beach, eyes
pricked by insignificance. then i lie on the hard

packed sand, slightly damp, cool. for a moment
i lose where i am,a thrill that brings me back,
mouth open as eyes, eating enormity. you

help me up turn me to face the waves full
of lumiere. you have your hands on my shoulders
and the oceans keep coming out of the darkness

in front of me, i lean into you and the stars keep coming
out of the darkness above. me, suddenly alone
standing facing the sea, watching ,making it be

because i'm here, and alive to see it. you
alone and to the side of me, disappearing
light years before i know you're gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home