Friday, June 20, 2008

work

he says that's 2 in the last six months
you can't have anymore. i wonder
what he means by that, would they really fire me
or would i just cease to be the answer man?
and if so, why should i care? it's not like
they pay me extra for it. their excuse
is that i'm always late, and it's true, i am
but no more so than the man who makes three times
my salary and who is currently giving sarcastically vague
threats to my abilities. which truthfully
are maybe addled by the wake
and bake mentality i have
sported since
well
i began working.


my mind is beginning to scare me
the effects of age are pernicious, a hidden cop
sneaking up on my blind side. things like not checking your rear
view mirror when you change lanes cuz
you're sure you just checked it or seeing the red
wire in the middle hole when it clearly
goes one hole to the left of the white lead.
yet the sensor works. why? is my zen luck holding out?
how many more mistakes will i make on assumptions?
i'm also losing printed orders so that more trees
are sacrificed to commerce. this troubles me.
it's because i'm being spread very thinly now
all my knowledge layered over the company
as they roll me up from the bottom, squeeze
out my brain, scented like patchouli.
hey, it works for me but that doesn't mean
you can do it.

how did i find it you ask? i finally looked
at the print in front of me. woah. what a trip.
they worked and that's what counts, seeing as how
they're coated with epoxy and would have to be
tossed out if they didn't. i had nine more
that i could fix, but the ones going to china
are a bit off key. subconscious subterfuge
if you will. a rushed job that works till the jenga
blocks all fall down. hopefully, not in the middle
of demonstrating the superiority of american product,
but shortly after that, when it's taken to the pirate house
to be melted and reversed
into a subtle difference that will blow their minds
on why the fuck we did it that way in the first place.
heh. american blind luck i'd say. well , thank you
o goddess of luck, for saving my ass one more time.
atta girls on the house!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home