Saturday, September 27, 2014

so outside it's almost october

and rain falls as if it were august.
fall is late this year. summer's lasting longer
but no one wants to speak of climate change
as if hiding the emperor's clothes
made them any less visible.
oh man, that didn't come out right.
my logicbegoms to fail.
all my october brethern and sistren
the mind follows the body
quickly to basest dwelling
it takes energy to fight pain
day after day. psychic, rightkick.


i dunno my love when you left that night
after i had your door broken down
by that man in my h ouse again i dunno
i didn't know if we could ever talk again
and if you wanted to abandon your baby
to me, you know i love her as much as
i do you, blood to blood, navel to navel
but you picked your wits up and thrust them
back into your head when you saw here there
YOUR daughter, your baby waiting
for you and fuck that bitch if she thinks i will
ever let her take this girl as long as i
have a breath in my body and roof over my head.
and so you have not come back here, a place
no longer your home, but mine, a woman
who gave you all you should have for freee.
if it's not earned, it's worth less, a lesson
your daughter will teach you one day
i wager, she being your first and only
and only know i know how hard it is
have me judge you, the one who didn't want
to ever judge at all, yet it's the role
well, my sweet  my cherish my love
the things you feel for yours, i felt for mine
which is why now you must your own way find.
love
mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home