Wednesday, September 07, 2011

modern

so i put my profiles back up.
i mean craigslist was gettin weird.
everyone thinks the women on there are easy
and just because i am, i'm not "hey, let's meet
at the hard rock where i got a room
booked on the 15th" easy,

sigh. this is why i like being in a relationship.
dating sux. i messaged the man
who thought i was sexy back in april
before my summer romance set in
when i hadda tell him why there was no strings
so he was kinda shocked when he left that nite
expecting to get laid and getting the brush off
instead and he said  when i called him he said
i knew u were a player that's one
reason i liked you and that took me
back a bit i mean i always think of myself
as faithful,like, i only cheated
on my husband before he was my husband i know
i know i shoulda left then
but it was just an office flirtation that developed
into an assignation i cold cocked by bringing up
the aids question cuz
this was the late eighties and the stars were druping
on the vine, cut down in their prime
bruises, carcinoma and time
he was on top of me, sliding
his tongue over  all that wet just
out of the shower  i said
man do you have condoms?


no.
well what about...aids ?
or something. i can't go home with a disease




i m clean. how bout you?

me?\
 i'm clean

  it takes so little to turn a scene you might
be feeling like an nine inch nails animal
but  then your mind  begins to narrate and direct, warn
and multiply your fears and even aspirations. they had a test
but it was new. neither of us had taken it,  so yeah, i cheated that time
but a broken mood, became a narrow passage out
missed, and oh and  that time
i finally did leave my husband
with the help of another man. some princesses
just need saving alllll they lives stumbling
in glass toed combat boots
from one heartache to the next. which
 reminds me i'm gettin old  i need
 to learn how to wear makeup.