Tuesday, July 12, 2005

why is it everytime i think ilove you

you go and do something like
this? o it's no big deal can i tell you
what i thought when you said
you needed to drink at the bar ?
o right, you already know it.
did you know i'm offended that you
spend all your extra money on you
that you don't take me out
that you don't even think of
taking me out. it's like we've been
married
for 10 years or something it's like
how is that i get into
relationships that bruise me
i don't think there's one that's right
for me. too rich and i feel owned
too poor and feel neglected. there
was one that was just right
for me
sigh

but of course the three bears
came alond and pushed me outta bed.


now my hair is red fading to gray
you're fit to be a good husband someday
just not mine, alack allay. hey!

did you know i wrote this pome for me?
but in it, i think i wrote this pome for you.
when i loved you for a while...



Author Comment
opiateopinion
Registered User
(7/12/05 6:20 pm)
Reply love pomes you never write
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
it's after work and a bloody
mary in hand. the kids want
to play hearts. you want to play
hearts with my kids.

you'd rather be upstairs
with the door closed. but

i walk across the room in this old
long dress. you clink the drink
on the glass next

to the cards, hands
out to me,tango eyes waltzing
right into those fishnets i
wear in your head.













*



you tell me it's writers block that all
the girls you wrote for before
broke up with you it's not like you
to be so supersticious
with your past, i suppose
all the girls whose pomes you burned
or lost never saw them either y not believe
that's the reason they left or maybe it
was that time was
over
and they would have gone anyway
no staying power maybe you weren't good enough
for them isnt' that always what they said it's not you
it's me inside the smirking i just couldn't live
with myself
if i had settled on you you know that's what
he told me, that's what was
said implicit in goodbye or getting out just like i
did when after all those all years he told me to leave
and i did finally when he didn't
expect it all.








love, gone like aurora
pricked by a billion stars







*






when you
look at me
like that
i believe
for a second
in worship















*



i could stare into your eyes
and believe what language says.