Sunday, January 04, 2015

fight fight fight

I left before you could call me cunt.
It's my house but you want to control
it, me, the world.

It's not your fault
I let all my friendships die
So that I have no where to
Go, half dressed as I am.
I couldn't take the time
To properly dress because
Contrary to your proclamation
I do not want to argue everyday.
So I waddle away from where
You are.

You and I have lasted longer
than I expected, shorter than I wish.
The expectation may be, as you claim,
Tinder to set the blaze.I have tried
To release it. But the inevitable
Eventually rises to the surface.
Characteristics you once admired
Or thought cute now incense.

I can change if I want to.
I did for my ex husband.
but you know,I changed back
To this for myself.
So, no.













The weekend pond it's quieter.
Less jet, less truck. A lone coot
Squeaks at the sky. Single crow call.
It lands on a branch beside me,
Barks again. I don't care,I tell
My ex.let him leave. You can be right
About that but I'm not ready to live
Under a bridge. My belly is too small.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home