Sunday, November 08, 2009

i need a weekend guy

was thinking of using that for my headline
if i have to keep on being online, looking for love.



(()&














i need a weekend guy

i don't want to move in with you
don't want you to move in with me. if you
have kids, with every other weekend visitation
that would be good. i have a son myself, a teen
but we're tight. i need a weekend guy. a sparkler
kinda man, the way the night gets warmer
when gunpowder kisses your hand.


oops that might send the wrong message.
what's gunpowder made of anyway?

the way the night gets warmer
gunpowder hissing in your hand.

the meter on that's fucked.
but i could make it work
with the right music.






i ummmm, kinda want you to be that man tho.

































()*)*(

i don't know what's going to happen now.
if the pattern continues you will not write
i won't hear from you now for days perhaps weeks.

this is my fear. i have faced one before sleep
and two before last evening's moon. half eyed.
sleepy. like the way you gaze at me from between
my thighs. frozen in time. i do not want to write
to you, the overwhelming is for people who love me.

i could look at the cards but they
contain my wishes.



















()****









the pond winks at me-
we're walking in the industrial
park, verizon blunt brick block
building to the left, cars
to the right, safe on a narrow
strip of sidewalk- boldly,
a man in a bar, between cypress eyelashes.
i pull you down the side street.

you've seen it before, but not like this.
not with me pushing you into the shadow
and the scorpion above us, wagging it's tail.
i make you nervous. i have nothing
to lose. something crashes in the next room.
reminds me that nothing
is an awful lot.




in your front yard, sandspurs. i could show
you how to dig them up,we could spend a weekend
getting them out of the yard so the kids might
walk barefoot out here. but it's temporary
this house. just another home on the way to home.
why put love into something you're going to leave?

across the street, a small warehouse, empty at night
and on weekends. the trucks are parked elsewhere
and the pavement is smooth. you and your son ride scooters
on the white cement after homework is done.
there is white tile in your house. everything is hard
and clean. rugs cost too much. if i say spartan
don't mistake me. sometimes one needs some discipline.
i'm glad you're off the oxy.


the pond is a spring fed circle
reflecting yesterday in the night.
i watch you watching the stars.
don't you feel immense when you realise
how much a part of this moment you are?
you answer in a tone of wonder, as if i've
just told you a truth like air.
when you put it that way...

the night sky makes me swallow up darkness.
i'm full of black magic woman, oye como va.
a band plays on the land while we perch over
the sea. it's not our party. there is no us.
i teach you how to dance and look cool.
hope some day you'll want to do that with me
just to keep me from trippin over my own feet.
it's ok if you want to watch me
you're the reason i dance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home